Shop Hobsons Bay Facebook and Instagram competition
There’s no need to look anywhere else when it comes to goods and services, as Hobsons Bay’s businesses are truly ahead of the game.
It’s time to get behind these great local traders as they reopen their doors, following a turbulent few months. The community is invited to take part in Council’s ‘Shop Hobsons Bay’ Facebook and Instagram competition and show why you #shopHobsonsBay.
Between now and midnight on Sunday 28 June, regular posts will be published on Council’s Facebook and Instagram pages titled ‘ENTER TO WIN’ with the #shopHobsonsBay hashtag. To enter, in the comment section of these posts:
- Tag your favourite Hobsons Bay business
- Tell us why you love them or post a pic of what you have purchased from them
- Drop the #shopHobsonsBay hashtag
Ten randomly selected winners will each receive $100 credit to use at the business they tagged. Winners will be announced on Council’s Facebook and Instagram on Monday 29 June.
One of the positive outcomes of the COVID-19 pandemic has been the way local communities have built stronger connections. Council recognises the important role local businesses play in Hobsons Bay and wants to build on that sense of community connection to help them get back on track.
This competition, designed specifically to encourage residents to spend their money locally, will get people through the door of Hobsons Bay businesses and help reactivate the local economy following the easing of COVID-19 restrictions.
Terms and conditions:
Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
1. The Promoter is Hobsons Bay City Council.
2. Entry is open to all residents of Hobsons Bay. However, employees of Hobsons Bay City Council are not eligible to enter. Immediate families of employees are eligible to enter.
3. The competition commences on Friday 19 June, 2020 at 12pm and concludes at midnight Sunday 28 June AEST).
4. Entrants may enter via any of the 'Shop Hobsons Bay ENTER TO WIN’ posts. Entrants may enter more than once. Only one prize per winner.
5. To enter, entrants must:
a. Access and log in to their personal Facebook account.
b. “Tag” their favourite Hobsons Bay business on any of the 'Shop Hobsons Bay ENTER TO WIN’ posts
c. Tell us why you love them or post a pic of what you have purchased from them
d. Drop the #shopHobsonsBay hashtag
6. The winners will be randomly selected and will be notified by 6pm Monday 29 June 2020. The winners will be notified in writing under the WIN post and on the Promoter's Facebook page.
7. Random winner prizes are not redeemable for cash, nor are the prizes transferable or exchangeable.
8. The Promoter takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen.
9. The Promoter (Hobsons Bay City Council) reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of the Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of the Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the promotion and/or the Promoter. This is a family friendly competition.
10. Entries must be received by midnight (AEST) on Sunday 28 June, 2020. The time of entry will be based on the time it's received by the Hobsons Bay City Council Facebook page. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
11. Hobsons Bay businesses include all businesses in Altona, Altona Meadows, Altona North, Brooklyn (part), Laverton (part), Newport, Seabrook, Seaholme, Spotswood, South Kingsville, Williamstown and Williamstown North.
12. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State Regulation.
13. The Promoter's decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the competition result. Thank you for entering and good luck!