State and Federal Government Support
Businesses impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic can access a range of support programs through the Victorian and Federal governments.
The Victorian Government Economic Survival Package
The Victorian Government has established an economic survival package to support Victorian businesses and workers through the devastating impacts of coronavirus (COVID-19). The package includes:
For a full list of industries affected by the stage 4 lockdown, visit the DHHS website.
Australian Government economic response to the Coronavirus
The Australian Government is supporting Australian businesses to manage cash flow challenges and retain employees. Assistance includes cash flow support to businesses and temporary measures to provide relief for financially distressed businesses. Assistance under the Federal Government includes:
- JobKeeper payment if your business circumstances have changed with new restrictions, you are still able to enrol to check eligibility for the job keeper payments
- Cash flow support for small and medium businesses
- Temporary relief for financially distressed businesses
- Increasing the instant asset write-off
- Backing business investment
- Supporting apprentices and trainees
- Not-for-profit organisations
- Support for sole traders
- A dedicated Coronavirus Business Liaison Unit
For more information on all Federal Government initiatives,visit https://treasury.gov.au/coronavirus/businesses.