Christmas Gift and Event Guide
This Christmas, Hobsons Bay City Council (HBCC) will be supporting local businesses by launching our very own Christmas Gift and Event Guide and encouraging residents to shop, eat and drink local.
The guide will be presented in a digital format and include direct links to businesses websites. It will encourage shopping both online and in person, dependent on current restrictions.
Businesses are invited to submit content for inclusion in the digital magazine by Wednesday 29 September 2021.
Space within the publication may be limited – so please get in quick and provide us with products and experiences that appeal to the gift giving market and festive season.
Step One: Choose which opportunity/ies for inclusion suit your business
Opportunities for inclusion include:
Gift Guide | For retailers and sole traders producing handmade goods
- Businesses to submit up to three of their top selling products for inclusion (the number of products included in the Guide will depend on the total number of overall submissions and variety of products – if submitting 3 products, please ensure they are from different categories)
- One image of the product along with the name of the business, the name of the product, and price will be included
- Please note: Product images will be ‘clear cut’ (i.e. the image will be trimmed to focus on the item) and included in a collage of products categorised by interest (i.e. For her/him, For the home, etc.)
Experience Gift Voucher Guide | For recreational, tourism, and health & beauty businesses
- Businesses offering experiential activities (e.g. a plane ride, an art class, a climbing session, or a spa treatment) are invited to submit for promotion their gift vouchers on offer as potential Christmas presents
- One image of / symbolising the experience, along with a brief description (limit 40 words) of the experience will be included
Festive Dining | For hospitality businesses
- Hospitality businesses are invited to promote their business as a place to host Christmas catch-ups and festive events, restrictions permitting or take away options
- One image along with a brief description of the offering (limit 40 words) to be featured
- Hospitality businesses to submit a festive recipe for inclusion
- An image and recipe to be featured
Shops on Show | For all types of businesses provided they have a window front
The Shops on Show competition has become a fun favourite among the community of Hobsons Bay. Hobsons Bay businesses are invited to decorate their shop window with a holiday theme to be shared on HBCC social media channels for the community to vote on.
- Businesses who plan to participate in the annual Shops on Show activation are asked to commit now (i.e. by 29 Sept 2021) and will be featured on a map which highlights all participating businesses
- No photo will be included in this guide but businesses will be asked to submit a photo in November/December to be shared on social media as part of the competition
- Businesses included on the map must have their window decorated by 15 November 2021.
For more information on Shops on Show click here.
Businesses may choose to participate in Shops on Show in addition to one of the first three opportunities.
Step Two: Choose photos to submit
Your businesses may already have professional photography available to support the gift, experience, or venue you are promoting.
If you do not have suitable photos readily available, please refer to the Photo Submission Tips(PDF, 424KB) document for a list of tips and requirements for photo submission.
Please note that products to be included in the gift guide need to be able to be clear cut and included in a gift collage with other items. This means that the product must be the feature of the image, preferably on a plain background, and items such as jewellery need to be shot as a flat lay rather than featured on a model.
Photos should be hi-res and submitted in a jpg format.
Step Three: Complete the form below and send us your submission
If you have any questions in relation to the Christmas Gift and Event Guide or other ideas for potential inclusions please do not hesitate to call Council’s Economic Development unit on or email 9932 1616 email@example.com