Shops on Show 2021 competition ‘Terms and Conditions’
Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry.
Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
1. The Promoter is Hobsons Bay City Council.
2. Entry is open to all residents of Hobsons Bay. However, employees of Hobsons Bay City Council are not eligible to enter.
3. The competition commences on Wednesday 1 December at 9am and closes on Wednesday 15 December 2021 at 6pm (AEST).
4. Entrants may enter via Council’s Facebook photo album post or Instagram post and may enter more than once. Entrants may only win one prize.
5. To enter, entrants must:
a. Access and log in to their personal Facebook or Instagram account.
b. “Like’ their favourite Hobsons Bay business
festive season window on the Council’s Facebook or Instagram
c. Entrants who have ‘liked’ their favourite Hobsons Bay business festive season window will be entered into a random draw.
6. The prize will be awarded on Thursday 16 December 2021. Winners will be notified by 6pm Friday 17 December 2021. The winners will be notified of their prize in writing under their winning post and on the Promoter's social media pages and website. Noting your Facebook /Instagram name will be made public.
7. Voter prizes are as follows:
1st prize: $250 gift voucher to spend at the winner’s nominated business
2nd prize: $200 gift voucher to spend at the winner’s nominated business
3rd prize: $150 gift voucher to spend at the winner’s nominated business
4th prize: $100 gift voucher to spend at the winner’s nominated business
5th prize: $100 gift voucher to spend at the winner’s nominated business
8. Prizes are not redeemable for cash, nor are the prizes transferable or exchangeable. The vouchers will be addressed in the name you provide with your competition entry ("Entry")
9. The Hobsons Bay business festive season window photo with the most social media likes, will be judged the winners.
10. The six businesses (two businesses from each ward – Wetlands, Cherry Lake, and The Strand) with the most combined likes across Council’s Facebook and Instagram pages will each receive a prize of a supplier voucher valued at $700. The winning businesses may choose to receive the voucher from one of the following suppliers:
The Social Secret
Jake Boyle Consulting
Ailsa Page Marketing
Snap Printing Williamstown/Altona
Industrial Art Co.
11. Once prizes have left the Promoter’s premises, the Promoter takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen.
12. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of Promoter, includes objectionable or adult content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the promotion and/or Promoter. This is a family friendly competition.
13. Entries must be received by 6pm (AEST) on Wednesday 15 December 2021. The time of entry will be based on the time it's received by the Hobsons Bay City Council Facebook or Instagram page. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
14. Hobsons Bay businesses include all businesses in Altona, Altona Meadows, Altona North, Brooklyn (part), Laverton (part), Newport, Seabrook, Seaholme, Spotswood, South Kingsville, Williamstown and Williamstown North.
15. If the nominated business is not a hospitality or retail operator, or does not offer gift vouchers, the winning voter will have the option to select an alternative Hobsons Bay business at which to redeem their prize. The winning business will receive a $50 gift voucher for a local business.
16. By accepting the prize, the retailer winner agrees to: Their photo being used across City of Hobsons Bay’s website and social media pages for promotion of this competition, and participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed, throughout the duration of the prize.
17. By entering this competition you consent to having your Facebook, Instagram name displayed on the Promoter's social media pages and in other promotional materials if you are a winner.
18.The Promoter's decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the competition result.
Thank you for entering and good luck!