Hobsons Bay City Council recognises the important role that it plays in creating an environment that facilitates business growth and retention and promotes Hobsons Bay as a place to do business and invest.
Council has a team of experienced economic development and investment facilitation professionals who work with developers, potential investors and other related stakeholders to facilitate investment within the municipality.
This team takes a proactive approach to attracting and facilitating investment and is available to support and assist you in navigating the investment journey by:
- Ensuring enquiries are handled in a consistent, efficient, professional and equitable manner
- Assisting with site identification and selection
- Facilitating access to other areas of Council
- Providing guidance through the planning process and any associated legislative requirements
- Preparing tailored investment specific reports, with relevant economic modelling and statistical information Establishing collaborative partnerships between business and education providers, connecting businesses with local talent pools
- Facilitating introductions to relevant State and Federal Government agencies
- Identifying relevant potential government grants or funding programs
- Connecting potential investors to local developers, commercial real estate agents and other relevant local stakeholders
- Promoting local procurement and supply chain opportunities